Have you ever wanted to go out for a hot, warming meal but it was cold out so you didn’t want to leave the house? We have a great solution! It’s our own version of Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana Soup. It only takes about 45 minutes to cook. Enjoy!
- 32 oz. Chicken Broth
- 32 oz. Water
- 5-6 medium sized potatoes
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Salt, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Red Pepper Flakes
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- Slice potatoes into roughly quarter-inch thick slices (doesn’t really matter as long as they’re similar sized for cooking).
- Brown sausage in pot to be used for soup.
- Cook bacon in whichever method you prefer (use as much as you want, the more bacon the better, right?)
- Removed cooked sausage from pot, and poor in chicken broth and water. Add potatoes, then salt, onion powder and garlic powder (minced garlic or chopped onions are also fine).
- Heat to a boil and cook until potatoes start to get soft.
- While the potatoes cook, chop up kale into small pieces. When potatoes begin to soften, add kale, bacon and sausage to the soup, along with red pepper flakes to taste.
- Turn heat to low and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Add 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Allow the soup to heat through, then season to taste (occasionally it needs a little more salt or red pepper flakes).
- Serve into a bowl, top with shredded parmesan cheese, and enjoy!